Saturday, November 22, 2014

Furry Beasts!

My horse looks like a Sasquatch. And let me tell you, a fine boned Saddlebred  with, um, interesting conformation does NOT look good with this much hair. Plus with his work level, he's getting really sweaty during our rides and he takes forever to cool out and dry. His hair also gets wavy when it is getting wet and drying that way, and I selfishly think it looks really silly. So I've decided to alleviate some of this problem by doing a partial body clip. A rational person would hire someone to clip their horse if they've never done it before. Not me. I can't justify spending that money (which in my area is over $100) to have someone else do it. Theoretically my clippers, Wahl Arco Se's, are strong enough to do a trace clip. Well, either way I'm going to try - probably next Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll let you know how it goes, if small clippers and my limited experience with clipping produce an acceptable result... Or more likely curly hair will be nothing compared to the "masterpiece" I produce. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment