Monday, December 23, 2013

Sparkle Gel

So if you do gaming, parades, schooling shows, or just like to add a little sparkle to your horse, then you've probably bought this at some point or another...
The stuff is pretty cool I'll admit but the $10 price tag seemed a little steep to me... So I figured out how to make my own! It is incredibly easy and allows you to make any color you want to match a particular show set.
The things I used to make it were:

  • Glitter in your choice of color (I found the finer glitter works best but any glitter will do)
  • Clear hair gel
  • plastic ziplock bag
  • stir stick
  • Empty container


This was the only clear gel my local store carried, you can find a much bigger and less expensive container somewhere like Walmart... shop around if you're looking to save some money.
 Put the clear hair gel into the plastic bag, add glitter and mix! I found that it was easiest to use the gel if put into a squeeze container I bought at the drugstore for about $1. To do so, I squeezed the glitter gel into the bottom of the bag and cut off one of the corners which allowed me to squirt the mixture directly into my container, no messy spoons or funnels needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment