Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Saddle Pad

I'm a bit of a Christmas freak. I decorate my house, car, tack locker etc. So it should come as no surprise that I also decorate my horse. Last year I received 2 burgundy saddle pads from a friend. I really only needed one so the other one sat in it's box for months unused until November when I found a good use for it.

A Christmas Saddle Pad!

I measured the amount of trim I would need and went to the fabric store. While they had what I needed with the other trims, I found that I could save a little money by buying 2 white boas that were less expensive.

I had to hand stitch the trim onto the pad, which was a time-consuming pain. But in the end I think the result was worth it!

I left the section where the girth goes un-stitched so that I could do my girth under it.

Good luck! I have to say I might try this for other holidays...

No comments:

Post a Comment